1.Develops competent and assertive leadership.
2. Increases awareness of the Deaf culture and it's contribution to our well-being.
3. Strengthens the confidence of the ASL students in themselves and their lives.
4. Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of foreign language career opportunities.
5. Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations, and social interactions.
6. Build character and promote citizenship, volunteering, and patriotism.
7. Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among people
8. Promotes healthy lifestyles.
9. Encourages excellence in scholarship.
10. Promotes an appreciation for other cultures and languages.
11. Enhances a student's high school education in the area of humanities.
12. Provides an added dimension to enjoy ASL arts, language, and culture in the high school setting.